Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Four months later....

If you could see me through this screen, then you'd see my head swollen from the number of times I hit it on my desk in frustration. 

I don't love paperwork
or delays.

But that is what renovation life is like and guess what, Happy New Year! It's 2015...do you see the date of my last post? September...yeah, right.

But waiting gives us the opportunity to grow the muscle named Patience, so c'est la vie.

Before Christmas, excavation finally happened, as did the footings and foundation. The framing begins tomorrow. Whew! Finally.

Meanwhile I had the homeowner's dream day when my builder took me around to pick:
flooring
bathroom hardware, toilet and sinks
vanities


And I have the paint colors picked, I'm 90% sure in the granite top for the new island and I just need to pick out ceiling fans and other lighting. 

Our wonderful builder said they will begin tomorrow and work non-stop until March. But I've watched enough HGTV shows to know that the weather can extend the timeline. I'm mentally prepared for this factor.

In my next post I'll show you some of the interior selections but feel free to go over to my Pinterest Boards and check out the smorgasbord of ideas that I have had.

Thanks for visiting!



No comments:

Post a Comment