Monday, January 12, 2015

Plan on Rainy Days

The crew isn't coming today. The forecast declared that. But it's okay cause...

I can still plan!

It's amazing when you can actually walk the architectural plans that you've been drooling over and living within in your head.

So I can put on my rain hat and measure and plan for:

key hooks, mail storage
mudroom coat closet organization:
storage room organization: http://lookiewhatidid.blogspot.ca/2013/06/a-well-organized-utility-closet.html
furniture placement
Kid toy bin

I've found some great websites and of course Houzz and Pinterest help!

Key Hooks/Mail

When carrying in backpacks, groceries, laptop bags, and other daily luggage, the keys and the mail are the first items that I need to be able to quickly put in a place where they'll be found when I need them. I can't tell you the endless amount of times that my keys, despite currenly (in the present house scheme) having a designated hook, end up on a kitchen counter, or on the island, or on a hook under a baseball cap.

Upon entering the mudroom there is a 24-30 inch space of wall. So I will buy (probably from Target or World Market) or make (depending on my DIY energy) a narrow but long rack on which to put keys and mail.

Mudroom Coat Closet Organization

We are a family of eight. Having all of our winter gear mixed up in one bin doesn't work. Been there, done that. So I need eight cubbies (two columns of four) in the middle of the 6' long coat closet with space for coats on either side and shoes at the bottom. This idea may shift depending on the measurements due to the fact that I need room for 2-3 coats per person. (similar to picture)

I don't have enough of a corner area in the mudroom to place a ball bin, however the mud porch has an overhang so I may just use a large plastic bin  with a top, to sit outside the mudroom door.

Some pins on my boards that I'm getting ideas from:
http://www.pinterest.com/tinacwebb/2014-reno-mudroom/

http://www.pinterest.com/tinacwebb/let-s-do-it/

I may make on a smaller scale
for all of the keys.
I like this too,
especially the names
above each hook. #mustdo
I've been saving my Altoids and
Trader Joes Green Tea mint containers.

end of last week
The 2nd story may be finished by the end of this week if the rain goes away.



No comments:

Post a Comment